Monday, July 19, 2010




Fort Building 101
What do you get when you add two ottomans from opposite ends of the house, countless blankets and pillows, 3 flash lights, some books and my son’s portable safes (so the pirates wouldn’t find his loot)?
A very creative, somewhat lop-sided, not structurally-sound Siblings Club. And, yes, little sis sometimes forgot to duck when walking under the blankets (which caused the walls to cave in and big sis to grrr) and little bro spent way too much time protecting his loot instead of participating in the planned events (which caused big sis to grrr as she tried to conduct story time), but all in all, they had a great time without any input by me!

As luck would have it, I forgot to take a picture or incorporate a favorite Kindermusik song to add to the theme. Check out play.kindermusik.com and download a cool pirate tune. One of my favorites is http://play.kindermusik.com/tracks/3592-arrrgh/.

Three kiddos of various ages working together without mom's help to create a masterpiece without too much arguing, pouting, or crying….And, that, my friends is something to sing about!

--posted by Miss Kathy, a very proud mom who was even more thrilled that the little darlings put each and every blanket, pillow, flash light, piece of furniture and treasure back in its place when the fun was over!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, too cute! I loved making forts when I was a kid & my kids have recently discovered the fun! The part they haven't mastered quite yet is putting it away when they are done. Definitely need to work on that part!!

    ReplyDelete